Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Long Lost Friend

The BEST thing happened to me the other night. I am still bursting with excitement. :0)

Do you remember my yard sale I had a couple of weeks ago? Well, one of my customers happened to be the mother of a friend I had in high school. It took her a second to remember me {have I changed that much?}, but when she did she told me how her daughter had been talking about me and wanted to find out how to get in touch with me.
Guess what? For over a year now, I have been wondering how to get in touch with her. Crazy, huh? She was one of my best friends and since she got married 8 years ago, I haven't seen her. Our lives drifted apart as they tend to do when we move on with life. But, I never forgot her. It's just really hard to find someone when they have a new last name that is SO super common, and you don't even know where to begin to look for them.
So, you can imagine my excitement when her mom showed up at my house! YAY! She got my information and promised to pass it on to her daughter.
She called me! Yep! On Sunday night! And we talked for THREE hours. It was so good to reconnect with her and find that we still "fit". Does that make sense? High school was a long time ago, so I was worried that our personalities would click like they used to. But...no worries!

Sorry for the poor picture quality here. My scanner hasn't been hooked up since we moved everything into the basement. So, you get a picture of a picture instead. :0) This is my junior prom group photo. My friend, Kim, was a senior. Yes, that is me in the very back sharing my boyfriend with a good friend of ours. She had gone to prom with her boyfriend at his school, and so was dateless for our prom. So, I let her hang with me. Good times....
And...here is the close up of me and Kim. She is the one with the gorgeous red hair. {obviously}

Anyway...turns out, my dear friend will be moving back this way early next year! Yahoo! I wish it was sooner, as patience has never been one of my strong points. But, it's not up to me. Dang it! Still, having her here next year is better than having her hours away forever. I'm thrilled to be able to reconnect with such a wonderful friend.

Do you have any friends you've lost contact with that you wish you could reconnect with?

7 comments:

Bridget said...

How fun! I have been able to reconnect with old high school friends through blogging. It is such a great way to keep in touch. Congrats on your find.

Amber M. said...

Fabulous. Both the story and the picture! Hooray for Prom pictures!

I do have some friends from college I'd love to track down...but it does seem almost too daunting.

Unknown said...

hi ashlee -- wow, this is soooooooo awesome!! happy for you and your friend. very cool that you both can still connect.

count your blessings :)
adorable post
kathleen

AmyJ said...

I have lost track of most of my high school friends. You look alot the same as you did back then.

Montay said...

So fun it makes me want to pull out the old prom pics...

Victoria said...

This is GREAT news! I do have someone I would love to reconnect with but she has a common last name and could be married for all I know.

Holly said...

I just got together with 3 of my old friends. One of them I've known since I was 2 and the other 2 since Jr. High. It's fun to reconnect.