Friday, March 28, 2008

More Deep Thoughts....



OK, so they're not deep at all. Just more randomness from dear old Ashlee. :0)




First of all...I'd just like to say that at least I tried. Now, let me explain.


I....Ashlee...am a sugar addict.

I crave baked goods FREQUENTLY. Unfortunately I don't have the metabolism of some, so these desserts don't help my goal of becoming "fierce". Last week I went crazy. I made two pans of brownies and danishes. My family doesn't eat sweets. So, I ate them. Not ALL of them. But most of them. Three desserts in one week. Not so good. Diet officially down the drain. Sigh. But, I seriuosly HAVE to have them. It's like pregnancy cravings {No, I'm not pregnant!}...they don't go away until they are satisfied. So, I give in to them. What else can I do right? Well, I made a resolve on Monday to go one week without sweets. I've been told that if you can make it one week, it gets out of your system {or something like that} and the cravings will go away. I did so good on Monday, and Tuesday too. I was so proud of myself. Well, we had new neighbors move in across the street. We wanted to be neighborly and take them some cookies and introduce ourselves. Nice right? Well, because it's the way that I would be, I wasn't going to make them cookies. I wouldn't be able to eat theirs if they brought them to me. I don't know them or their kitchen cleanliness. I would be grateful, and then they would go in the garbage. All of you that I know...never fear, I'd eat your stuff up in a heartbeat. :0) Anyway...so I went about bought those big PINK Lofthouse sugar cookies. The evil ones. That way they could really eat them and not have to worry about if I was clean or not. :0) I know....I over obsess. So sue me! We've been busy around here. There hasn't been a moment where the two of us have been together to take over the cookies. So, they have sat here on my kitchen counter for two days. Calling to me.


"Ashlee...psssstt! Ashlee! Eat me! EAT ME!"


Really...they talked to me just like that. I told them no! They weren't for me! They were for our nice new neighbors across the street. And then I reminded those delicious, mouth watering cookies that I was on a sugar strike. And they were SUGAR COOKIES. It just wouldn't work out between us that way. Sigh. They won. I ate two after lunch yesterday. I ripped open that package after pacing in front of it several times. I tried. I did! But, they won. I had two after dinner too. The diet is officially in the can. Sugar strike in the can....the Diet Dr. Pepper sitting in front of me is in a can too. {Just thought I would add that in there for you}

Moving along here...my friends Sassy and Honey Bunch just celebrated their 100th post! Congrats! It made me want to check out my standings. Remember that I have three blogs I post on.

I started blogging May 24, 2006 because, well, I needed something. Daughter was 7 months old and still had raging reflux. It took a lot out of me. We just didn't even go out because it was too stressful. So, I didn't have much interaction with adults. Here's my first post on my first blog. Sadly, my blogging didn't get much attention until almost a year later. I actually stopped for a few months because I didn't think anyone even looked at my blog. Nobody left COMMENTS! Well, as soon as I stopped I had several people ask me why I stopped posting. Do you see the importance of comments people? That's right. It let's me know you care. Sniff. Since starting this blog I have posted 212 times. In the beginning I posted maybe twice a month. Now that I have readers, I post as often as something happens in my family. Even if it is just daughter being silly. :0)

On August 20, 2007 I started my recipe blog. I have a monthly girls night group and every time we got together we all brought food. People would ask for a recipe, and I'd tell them that I'd get it to them, and then it never happened. So, I started this to post the recipes that I thought we worth sharing. I had also started it in hopes that my readers would submit their favorite recipes too, but so far only my sisters have done so. My first post for this blog is here. Since starting this blog I have posted 75 times. That's a lot of recipes! Did I mention I love food. Oh, and my sugar addiction will be noticeable there too as I have more dessert recipes than FOOD recipes. Oh well!

Then, on November 18, 2007 I decided I needed to split up my main blog into two. My family blog was supposed to be about family stuff. And it eventually turned out to be more like this one with a few family posts in between. My family members that read it for the family posts were getting more fluff than family. So, I split them up. :0) That's where So Random! was started. This blog has taken my blogging into a whole different place. I've met so many wonderful people. And the "conversations" make my day. It's my true social outlet. :0) {Sad isn't it?} Since starting this blog in November I have posted 114 times. 114 times in four months. That's almost 29 days each month. See how much I love all of you? I just give and give and give....the least you could do is show me some love and leave a comment. :0)

Anyway....now you know. {GI Joe fans out there...you know what comes next!}

I think that's it for my deep thoughts for the day. If I forgot something...I'll let you know. I always do!

13 comments:

Alicia said...

That is a fun post and I am with you, the Easter candy and birthday cake and ice cream have been hanging around and even when I am not wanting any I continue to put stuff into my mouth, Why? I ask myself as I am putting another piece in. It is a serious addiction, but can't wait for Death by Chocolate Girls Night :). I need the stuff.

Bridget said...

I tell myself those same things about sweets. If I can just go x number of days without it, I won't ever want it again. I did that with pancakes. I was eating way too many of them for breakfast. It took about two weeks of not eating them to make it so I could "eat responsibly" when pancakes were around. :)

Anonymous said...

The cookies would've gotten me too, girl. There's no way I could've survived more than an hour without breaking into those cookies!

Anonymous said...

I pink puffy heart Lofthouse sugar cookies. They are the BEST!

Unknown said...

hey ashlee!

maybe you could write a fiction story about the cookies who want to eat you ... want you to eat them :)

i hope you keep posting to your blog because i am totally enjoying this. really. and i really like how you keep coming over to my blog and commenting as well.

i agree. comment love is cool. it is great to feel and process thoughts going through our heads. i know the blogs are really for us. but it is validating sometimes when others really get what we are saying, too. it's sometimes like, see, i am not the only one who feels this way.

i am so glad i started the grateful blog a year ago this week, for this has been a good experience. very meaningful. see you soon girl. i look forward to seeing you next time, kathleen xoxo

Buxton Family said...

From one addict to another, my advice is to keep trying. When I first tried giving up sugar, I couldn't even make it through the first day. Now I can go a couple of months. Just don't give up if it is something you really want to get control of. Sometimes, I've also allowed myself to have one sweet a day, but I do better going cold turkey. Once I've had sugar, I can't stop eating it. It also helps to have someone do it with you. I've signed contracts with friends that for every violation we have to pay the other person $20. That is a big motivator. Anything less than $20 wouldn't be enough for me to give up a really yummy dessert. Wade and I took Spring Break off our no sugar contract, but now we are back on until we go to D.C. for his brother's wedding in May. Now I'm stuck with the delema of how to explain to the missionaries tonight why there will be no desset after dinner!

Unknown said...

cookies are evil! evil, i say! :) well look at it this way, you gave it a good try. it just means that you and the cookies were meant to be! :)

kelly said...

oh! those cookies are my absolute favorite! i could eat an entire box all by myself in one sitting!

Unknown said...

morning ashlee,
i like how you keep coming by and leaving me cute notes. thanks.

always nice to hear from ya. hope your day is sweet, kathleen :)

Montay said...

You funny girl I love Loft house they have a factory in Ogden Ut and we used to live just minutes away so you could get them CHEEP so yeah bad thing but you go girl at least you wanted to be able not to eat them right???

Unknown said...

You need help! :o)

Zach said...

I am also a recovering sugar addict. I have relapses occasionally!! You are not alone...admitting there is a problem is the first step to recovery!! At least that is what I hear.

AmyJ said...

Yeah, I tried the no sugar thing last week. I made it 1 day and the next gorged. Or however you say that. Keep trying, maybe if you paid me $20 you would feel better.