Thursday, November 20, 2008

An Attitude of Gratitude


Is it weird for anyone else that Thanksgiving is already here? One week from today we will all be eating plates full of yummy turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes {from Idaho of course}, and lots of pie! The year has flown by so quickly as I look back, and yet in the middle of each struggle it has felt as though time wasn't moving quickly enough.

So, I thought it was high time I took a moment to reflect on the things I have been grateful for this year. It's one week until Thanksgiving, so I will post each day until then with something that I am grateful for. There are obviously more than seven things to be thankful for, but I'll just touch base on a few things from this year. :0)

Here we go!

This year we have experienced no serious medical problems. This is the first time in several years that there have been no worries. It has been such a relief to have a healthy family. Mackenzee was born with reflux and struggled with it until she was 15 months old. We were able to take her off of her medication at that point. We still have to watch the foods she eats to make sure her digestive system works properly, but at least the frequent trips to the doctor and the daily doses of Prevacid are no more. My health has been an issue for the last couple of years as well, and though I'm still not 100%, I am in a far healthier state.

So, I am grateful for our health. I think it is something we tend to take for granted at times. We just assume that the worst that can happen is a cold or the flu. And with sickness comes heartache, frustration, and exhaustion. I don't know what the future will bring, but this year we have truly been blessed and I am grateful for it.

5 comments:

Montay said...

This is a great idea thanks for the reminder to be grateful.

Sister Sassy said...

Yay for feeling grateful and healthier than before :)

Victoria said...

No serious medical issues rocks! And a big yay for being healthier!

Shannon said...

Thanks for making me remember how greatful I am for everything as well. You rock:)

Tess said...

What a great idea to do a gratitude week! I may copy you!